He likes to cross his legs like this.
Even though I usually get smiles, I also still get a few pictures like this. I guess he was mad I wouldn't let him play with the sign. :)
This month he is really getting around and likes to stand as well. Hasn't pulled up on his own yet, but already doing a great job of standing if holding on to us or something else.
Tooth number THREE!
When he plays, he likes to push toys away--as far as he can get them--and then see if he can still get them back. When he's finished with toys he puts them behind his back...
And he already has bad hair days, although he doesn't seem to think they are so bad... :)
He still gives us nice slobbery nose "kisses" He even pulls my hair or face and pulls it towards him to get my face closer to him so he can "kiss" me.
And when we're not getting kisses, we get nice sweet love pats on our faces.
He's also pretty good at helping Dad with the Wii.
"Dad, why did you mess that one up?"
He's not as interested in solid foods anymore. He definitely does NOT like things without a creamy texture. We've tried to give him Puffs and baby food with a little bit of texture and he pushes it away with all his might. If we do manage to get something in his mouth, he gags...
...Although he had no problems downing my free sample of ice cream from Ben and Jerry's. At least now I know he really does have a few of my genes. (more on that trip later)
He does enjoy playing with the sippy cup. I say playing because he usually just spits out whatever he gets out. I think maybe a sip or two has gone down...but he does like it!
This was a busy month for us, we had lots of visitors. Oom Rayan, Tante Dips and cousin Maya came to visit from Amsterdam. It was so good to see them. More info coming in a later post. For now, here are some picts of Kaiden and Maya playing.
Our good friends from Cali also came in town to visit. It was so fun to watch all the kiddos play together.
Kira and Kaiden
Kira and Kaiden
Sharing toys with Kasey
Lich and Kasey
Ali and Kai playing. They were so cute. Ali would start "dancing," Kai would watch her and then start doing the same thing. I guess here they were checking out something outside.
We also finally got a jogging stroller. Just ask me what a steal I got it for...I'm so proud...which makes me love this stroller even more!
Kaiden loves our runs through our neighborhood park.
K really enjoys dogs, he loves to play with our friend Jack...
...and Sage.
We found ourselves saying, "Quit eating the furniture!" this month. Never thought we'd say that...
He's started making this scrunchie face and snorting. He started doing it, but we've noticed if we do it, he will mimic us. He will also imitate a clicking noise with his tounge or "poping" with his lips.
Recently he's discovered that if he kicks his feet back and forth in the bath tub, that it makes some great waves. Reminds me of the wave pool at Schlitterbahn.
One of the few times we saw his serious face...
Just a day before his 9 month birthday, he took his 4th flight. What a traveler! I guess all that traveling makes him tired. :)

1 comment:
Oh, the faces that child can make! I want to hug and squeeze him so bad.
Gigi
Post a Comment