Here is the latest on our little missy...
Big thanks to Trisha Smith for sharing all of Jordyn's cute outfits with Mailee!! Between Christine, Gigi and Trisha, I may never have to buy an outfit for this little girl!
Mailee has moved into what I call the "Venus Fly Trap" stage. Her goals are simple: get it to her mouth, then get in IN her mouth. The Venus Fly Trap is demonstrated here as Kaiden very sweetly handed her a toy to play with during our photo shoot.
No toy? I'll just eat my dress!
Mom takes my dress away....I'll just eat my fingers!
I love this one...but you can tell she was SERIOUSLY done taking pictures!
She started rolling over from back to front the day AFTER she turned 3 months. Now, she is a pro. I have to be super careful leaving her in any of her chairs because she does this:
And she is super quick at it too!
Ok, ok, no more staged photos!!
Here she is practicing gymnastics. :)
Whew, that is hard work!
I just think this is a cute outfit and I love this afghan made by Gigi.
One of our outings to the pool. Love that smile (which she does all the time)!! For all the smiling she does, she is pretty hard to make laugh. Once she does, it is awesome...but you have to work pretty hard for it. She laughs lots when you "throw" her around or "fly" her places. Ticklish spot is her neck!
K checking it out before jumping in...
Swimming with Daddy.
She actually prefers being on her stomach. If I put her down on her back, she quickly flips right over. I am soooo happy she loves tummy time!
Always checking out what is going on and enjoys "talking" to us. She has started making a "blowing" noise and giving us baby zerberts by blowing on our arms and legs.
Loves to chew/suck on whatever she can. When nothing is available, her hands and arms will do just fine.
Chillin in her sleep.
This month she started sleeping in the crib in the same room as Kaiden. They have done very well together!
She found her feet!
Her favorite time to get a great hold on them is of course--during a diaper change!
Bluuuuue eyes.....baby's got blue eyes. (sing with me now)
Did I mention she likes to put things in her mouth?
Loves her swing, but prefers to try and sit up rather than lean back and relax.
One of her favorites to grab: cups. Yes, she prefers the "Buns" cups just like we do. :)
Crazy Gerber baby hair.
They LOVE each other. She tries ALL the time to get his attention! When Kaiden is not around, she gets bored very quickly.
I think I'm going to start calling her exersaucer her "poopy chair." (WARNING: Next 3 photos are NOT for the weak stomach. )
Yup, this is why. This was just the first time she "exploded" in the excersaucer.
And the second time she really made a nice mess...
...oh yeah, all the way down both legs!!!
I hate to put such disgusting pictures in a blog, but someday I want girlfriend to realize what she had me cleaning up!!
I love how she seems extra chilled after baths. She loves, loves, LOVES to splash her legs in the bath)
Listening to Chris play songs for us. She liked the music, but loved being social. ;)
Kaiden loved the music. He even got to play the guitar for a bit.
I've found it nearly impossible to update about Mailee without including what Kaiden has been up to, so here is Kaiden's update.
Playing in our private pool. It has been a hot, dry summer!
Sometimes when he is playing, he talks using made up words. "I chew r 6, ate-o echa do."
Lichar has been teaching him the "g" sound in Dutch. (that would be the lovely, clear your throat noise for all non-Dutch speakers) So now instead of "Mommy-kuh," I get "Mommy-kggguuuhhhh"
I love how his face can go from this....
...to this in an instant.
He now knows my name, calling me "Whissa" from time to time. He also experiments lots between "Mom" and "Mommy."
Silly face!
Ooooyyyyy! Legos. I didn't much like Legos as a kid. I'm pretty sure I'm about to like them even less. But the boys LOVE them, so I guess I do too! I guess I'm partly to blame since I just bought four huge bags full from someone at work. (but MAN, were they a good bargain!)
Mr. K always likes to help us out. He helps with laundry, dishes, cleaning up, and even helped Daddy put
together this shelf. (He is super proud about helping with the shelf!) He
will tell us all the time, "I build that with Daddy!"
Here he is helping me plant our herb garden.
Here he is helping me plant our herb garden.
Here he is helping Daddy fix Mailee's exersaucer/poppy chair.
Of course he is also very smart! He knows around 10 letters, loves to count (not always in order--lately everything is 6, 7, 8, 9), helps me sort clothes and knows circles and triangles. He saw the shape of the sun on the ground and said, "SUN triangle!" I didn't know he even knew a triangle until that day!





















1 comment:
Oh I have the smartest grandchildren! Love the update. Mailee looks like Kaiden and you and Lichar - just in different pictures - guess that means she is a good mixture. Thanks for the poopy pics ;-) As always I miss them - would love to hug and kiss them both right now.
Gigi
Post a Comment