Friday, July 6, 2012

A day at the lake

While visiting Gigi and Poppy, we thought it would be fun to visit the lake.  Sadly we couldn't get on the lakes we went to when I was growing up as they have lost too much water.  We had to drive into New Mexico to Lake Ute.  It was fun to explore a new place.  We anchored the boat for a little play time in the water.  

Poppy and Mailee going for a swim. 

 Kaiden was a bit hesitant, but Mailee charged out into the water.  She would get where the water was up to her chest, freak out and want to be picked up.  I would take her back to shore, and she would repeat the process.

Mommy and Kaiden floating.

Tante had to stay close to the shore so Sage didn't try and swim next to her. 

 Me floating.

Mailee in the captain's seat. 

 And here is her "don't touch me" face.

Kaiden got to drive the boat--he took that pretty seriously.  ;)

Mailee and Gigi

Momma and Tante even did some skiing.  Here is Tante skiing while I was holding onto Kaiden and Sage.  Sage was sure that Ashley needed her help and was prepared to jump in at any moment.  That was the first time I've skied in about four years.  We won't discuss how sore I was....

Mailee thought skiing was a little boring.  She was sleeping SO soundly....I have NO idea how!

After skiing, we just boated around for a bit and Kaiden crashed too.  The lake can be exhausting.  :)

Sage was much happier when Tante was in the boat.

We had a great time--it was so nice to spend a day on the lake just like we used to do so often.  (although we used to have a LOT more skiing)  I told Poppy it would only be a few more years before he'd be dragging the kids all over the lake!  :)

No comments: