Sunday, March 10, 2013

Yeee-haw!

On a whim today we decided to hit the Houston Rodeo (and when I say rodeo, I really just mean the carnival and animal exhibits.  We just didn't think K and M could make it long enough for the actual rodeo).  It rained most of the morning, so we were hoping that would keep some of the crowds away.

Mailee LOVED the carnival.  Even before we walked in the gates she was eye-ing the rides.  "Circle!  Fall down!"  I think this is where she takes after her Daddy, she loved being out in the crowds and excitement!  She laughed and giggled and commented on almost everything. 
She enjoyed watching the camels eat--she thought that was hilarious!  "Yummmy!" (and then she imitated them eating--which I thought was hilarious!)
Side note:  I know camels don't really belong at the rodeo, it was a "ride," and not with the other farm animals.  They had kangaroos too.  Weird. 

Lucky for us, the rain must have kept at least a few people home because this is the least crowded I'd ever seen the animal exhibits.  The kids enjoyed watching the chicks and we even got to see them help one of the chicks out of his egg.  Super cool!

He doesn't look super thrilled, but he did enjoy petting the bunny.  However, he was also excited to see the hand sanitizer dispensers at the end of this viewing area!

Mailee volunteered to put the guinea pigs, but needed a little persuasion from Lich to pet the big bunnies.

This was a Flemish Giant rabbit and boy was he giant!!

 Kaiden was lucky enough to get to pet this baby pig.  He enjoyed it, but immediately turned around and asked to wash his hands!!!  (I think he might have had the cleanest hands in all the rodeo!)  He also actually enjoyed watching the video of a cow birth.

Sometimes a cowgirl just has to sit and rest.

And sometimes she just needs a better view of the longhorn!
 

After animals we hit the carnival again. Kaiden was dying to ride the monster trucks. (same ride he rode last year) Terrible shot of them, but it is all I got.  After that he didn't ask to ride another ride, he was completely happy.  And honestly, I think he had the most fun jumping over all the painted lines on the ground.  (the carnival is set up in a parking lot, so there were plenty of lines for him to jump!)

Mailee and I sat on the sidelines and waved every time they came around.  I honestly think Mailee had just as much fun (if not maybe more fun) than Kaiden did on the ride.  Her face lit up every time she saw them.  Then she would look at me and just giggle!

Kaiden did ask to play a game--he had already spotted the glowing light sabers and thought he needed one of those.  You know, because we don't have any light sabers at our house.  So we played one game, won a light saber and the kid was as happy as a clam....on to jumping over all those lines....  ;)

On the super long hike out to the car, we tried to get the kids to share the stroller for a while to make it easier on Mom and Dad.  This configuration didn't last too long (oddly enough Kaiden was the unhappy one) but we did get Mailee to sit in his lap for part of the ride. 
 What a fun night!!!!!!!

No comments: