Mailee Raylin born March 3, 2011 at 8:01 a.m. 8 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long.
Here is our story...
I decided to make the week before my due date (Monday, Feb. 28) my last week of work. That was the best decision ever! I had been SO tired that I was looking forward to some rest. A little silly, but we really were hoping that the baby would wait until March to come. So the whole weekend before my due date, I rested as much as possible and stayed off my feet when I could.
Come Tuesday, March 1, I started doing everything in my power to have the baby. I cleaned house, I lifted things, I went on walks...no luck. By Wednesday March 2, I was serious! I went on a 2.5 mile walk. After dinner I was having some "tightening" of my stomach, but not strong. (I had to touch my stomach to see if it was contracting). Around 10 pm, I googled ways to induce labor and found out about some pressure points that were said to start contractions. I tried them...sure enough, I felt a few contractions. Then I had the realization that if I went into labor now, I would get NO sleep. So I gave up and headed for bed.
While getting ready for bed, I was having a few mild contractions. I timed them, very random and not strong at all. I actually fell asleep timing one and decided that meant it wasn't too serious. Around 4 am I woke up and needed to go to the bathroom. Only when I got there, my water broke! So I woke up Lichar, called the doctor, then off to the hospital we went! (Ok, not before calling Ashley and Kalum to watch Kaiden)
Here is my "one last pregnant picture." I can't believe I am posting this! It really isn't for the world to see, but since this is my "baby book," it has to be done. If I look tired, I am! It WAS 4:00 am. And, my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart at this point. We had to wait for one to pass before taking the picture.
We arrived at the hospital around 5 am. They checked me in, made me sign a million things while they "verified" I was really in labor. (Really? I was pretty sure I was!!) This labor went SO much better than labor with Kaiden. First of all, it was my second child--much faster and I knew *more* of what I was doing. Second, it was a much slower day and I was not fighting 12 other ladies for a doctor. Third, MY doctor was there. Fourth, I didn't have an epidural. I know, you are thinking I'm crazy right about now! But let me tell you, I would do it again in a heartbeat! Yes, the contractions were terrible and I did think I might die at some point, but it made labor go so much faster and I felt so much more in control. No one had to tell me when to push, or that I wasn't pushing the right way. I think I pushed 6-8 times before Miss Mailee came to visit at 8:01am!
I also felt SO much better after delivery. :) When they came to take Mailee away for her bath, I did get a little sleepy....but outside of that, I felt great!
Lovin' on Daddy.
Look at all that crazy hair!
She started trying to lift her head in the delivery room! Here she is chatting with Daddy.
Very alert already!
Lichar changing the first diaper.
That evening Tante and Uncle brought Kaiden to the hospital to meet his new baby sister. He loved her immediately!
This was the first of mannnnnnny kisses. He tells us all the time, "I'nna give baby kiss!"
Checking out her fingers....
...and toes!
She was excited about meeting him too--can you tell?!?
Gigi and Poppy drove all day and finally made it to meet our sweet girl.
Our first family of four picture!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment