It is proving harder and harder to get good pictures... I had to distract her with markers and I still only got this one with smiles. Since you can't read the date, it is 1-3-2012.
The rest looked something like this.... Obviously, the girl is on the move! She is super independent. We will all be in one room and she will wander off....go to another room to explore. We really have to keep an eye on her. Kaiden on the other hand, still doesn't like to be in a room without us.
She has started letting go of things to stand on her own for a few seconds. She has also started pointing at things. No good pictures of either. :(
The girls at daycare fixed her hair into her first pony tail!
She tolerates (even likes?) having her nails clipped. I always had to fight Kaiden, but she will sit quietly in my lap and watch intently.
She prefers to eat (and wear) whatever we are eating.
If I give her other food she just points to our plates. Clearly bath time always follows eating...
When nursing, she will stop, look at me very seriously, say "POP" then go back to eating. It makes me laugh. :)
Christine brought over this awesome box for the kids to play with. It provided hours of entertainment for both kids.
Mailee liked to throw her toys out...
...then ask us to retrieve them.
She thought it was great fun! Why was she in there in the first place?
Well, it kept her occupied when we worked on some "not-so-Mailee-friendly" projects.
I always get great pictures of her smiling, I figured we should have a few of her "life is terrible" face.
She is still a terrible, no good, very bad sleeper (and has always been). We are trying to improve that, so she is finally sleeping in her own room. So far we've had a little improvement.
At Lichar's work Christmas party she was already catching the attention of the boys. :/
She finally learned to turn around and slide off something rather than diving head first. Sometimes she still prefers her head first method.
And the Christmas tree.....a constant temptation.
She was usually pretty gentle, but it was hard for her to resist the nice shiny balls just hanging there.
Busted!
Fortunately Kaiden was always there to make sure things were back where they belong.
I loved this outfit and thought it would be so cute to get a shot of her in it with a Santa hat. She had other plans.
Finally I got some smiles, but no hat allowed.
I could just eat her up!
And I guess she could eat me too! (Actually, that is her best slobbery KISS!)
She is full of babbles. She says "pop, bop, gak, kijk, Jack, mommamama,
DaaaaEEEE (Daddy), and GOOoooooooo" None of which she says with any
meaning or connection.
I don't remember what was so funny, but I love this picture of Mailee and Gigi.
We were trying to get a shot of her super cute outfit.
When it comes to bath time, she is usually ready to jump in...and will if we don't watch her.
I don't know why, but this picture just makes me smile. They were both playing away...in their own world.
Mailee enjoys drinking from cups.
So much fun!
I love how she is always surprised when she gets water in her mouth...and almost chokes.
Our little climber is eager to get in, and sometimes equally as eager to get out. She thinks it is a fun game to stand in the tub. Mommy and Daddy don't like this game. ;)
Her hair is long enough to take crazy hair pictures.
Playing with brother.
He was "washing" her.
I still love her after bath pictures. She is just always so relaxed and happy after her bath.
And can you get any cuter? I think not.
She loves having her teeth brushed. She also gets very excited if I grab the tube of Orajel. :)
This girl loves to dance. She will dance anytime we sing or she hears music, even on commercials. If Kaiden starts singing, she will start dancing! She also still loves to play with the piano.
She is an opportunist--anytime we leave the step stool or chair too close to the tables, she takes advantage and climbs up on the tables.
As Lichar says, "Changing her diaper isn't difficult, it is impossible!"
She has decided she is a big girl and needs to drink out of a sippy cup like Brother.
"Hey, what are you taking pictures of?"
"What?"
A nice view of those two bottom teeth. Her third tooth came in on Dec. 21--one on the top now!
"Who me?"
Oh my goodness is that face trouble or what?!?



No comments:
Post a Comment