Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Aggie Reunion

Welcome Class of '98!


I can't believe I am this old, but in September was my 10 year reunion from Texas A&M! I wasn't really planning on going until emailing with my only 2 roommates, Abby and Rebekah. Rebekah was my pot-luck roommate in the dorm...but I think we were destined for each other! :) The three of us lived together for a while in an apartment and then Abby and I moved into the apartments where I met Lichar. We always had a blast back in the day and decided it would be a wonderful time for us to get together and remember old times.

We were right. The weekend was full of laughs, memories, catching up, and even more laughs. Most of my A&M memories involve these girls. My cheeks literally hurt most of the weekend from laughing so much. We had a great time blaming each other for all the crazy things we did. Hmmm, I'll let you decide who that might be, our lips are sealed. ;) (oh wait, I'm supposed to say, "We didn't do any crazy things!") Even our husbands enjoyed our banter (and hearing all our embarrassing stories)

Here we are in May 1998 just after Abby got engaged!!


And here we are today....10 years later!


It actually worked out perfect, not only was it our 10 year reunion, but A&M was celebrating the opening of their new indoor track facility.


With the opening of the new complex, they were also having a track reunion. Since Abby and I were on the Cross country and track teams and Rebekah was on the track team as a high jumper, we decided to check out the new complex. It was a great facility, but none of us have fond memories of indoor track--WAY too many laps. :) And we even ran into a few team mates, it was nice to catch up with them.


Ugh, lots of great memories from the track team, but oh-so-many miles we ran. Abby and I talked about EVERYTHING during our Sunday long runs....and because we ran every street in College Station, we always knew the "most expedient route" for Rebekah. I can't believe we thought 40 miles a week was an "easy" week. I guess after you do 70-80 a week, it WAS easy. (Did I really ever run that much?!?!)

Here is little "E," Brian, Abby and Lichar at the game. It is always fun to go to A&M games. If it was only a little cooler this one would have been more enjoyable, but we always love watching our Aggies.


Here is Abby's "B" and Bek's "A.M." We always talked about letting our kids play together, but it was cool to see them actually playing together. (Dingetje was kicking along with them!) All the things we always swore we would tell the other's children....oh let the blackmailing begin!
It only took us 5 million pictures to get one of them both in their Aggie gear with a smile! (Little B was much more interested in AM's pigtails)



Here is our whole crew in our very scary hotel. It was wonderful to have a 3 bedroom suite so we could all be together but still have our own bedrooms. However, we were a little afraid of the hotel. The week after we were there, the kitchen was shut down for a super low score from heath inspectors. But, Bek and Abby did a great job of getting us a serious discount for the 45 minute check in and shower that we could only turn on with pliers. Nice work girls!


Overall, a super weekend remembering our ol' college days. I wouldn't trade them for the world. It was even more fun to get together and make some memories with our families.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I had so much fun! I don't think I have laughed that much in ages!! I love you guys!

GranSan said...

You guys look way to serious in your 10 year picture. I didn't think you three ever got that way. But the dear old aunt will take 1 copy of it anyway please. Love all you guys

Christy said...

wow, I do feel old, it looks like you had a blast. I'd love to get back sometime! None of you look 10 years older either. Me on the other hand....

Luke