Sunday, December 7, 2008

Baby Bargains

I've always been a bit of a bargain hunter, but I think I've outdone myself.

Let me start by saying I'm not one of those people who has to have everything perfect and matching. Come look at our house and that will be apparent. I even used hand-me-downs from my little sister (who was in college at the time) when we first moved into the house. :) (Ashley, don't be offended--your hand me downs are great, just sad that I took them from you when you were in college!!)

I know some people only want the newest and best for their new babies, but all we've really cared about is making sure it was safe. Then we just picked a color we liked, whether it matched or not. So, if you are one of my more "attention oriented" readers, you may want to stop reading, because I may stress you out!! (although all of this matches far better than I ever would have!)

Our district has a special site for buying and selling things among employees. Over Thanksgiving I noticed an entry for all sorts of baby items. I immediately jumped on this opportunity and called her. Looking at the pictures she supplied, everything was in wonderful condition and she wanted only $300 for everything. Since most cribs cost more than that, I was sold! We picked up the items Monday night and it is all amazingly clean and in great shape. I can't believe it!!!! I went online and estimated how much it would have cost to buy all these items new, it was just at $1,500.

I tried to get everything in one shot, but I just couldn't make it fit. Here is most everything.


The rest I couldn't fit in...high chair and changing table


AND, the pack and play (which perfectly matches the stroller, car seat, and swing)


A few close ups.




Just in case you can't tell what everything is (or don't have kids and have no idea what these things are....as I was only a few short months ago!)
-Crib, stroller, car seat, 2 car bases for car seat, swing, cover for shopping carts, random play table, exersaucer, rocking horse, play yard, potty seat, bouncy chair, high chair and changing table.

2 comments:

The Padilla Family said...

You know how I am with matching...I so wish that I were like you instead of so anal retentive! :) WOW! What a great group of bargains! I am proud of you! You just need that baby now!

Abby said...

Wow that is an amazing deal!!! You did great. I wish I had a site like that for baby gear. I'm not too big on matching either. I am very impressed.