I think the last time it snowed in Houston was Christmas Eve 2004. We missed that because we were in Amarillo (watching lots more snow) That was the first snow in over 20 years for Houston.
(Please ignore the half finished lights on the house. We are having some serious light issues at our house! We can't get these OR the Christmas tree lights to work correctly. Grrrrr)
Palm trees covered in snow...
Deana is in town (staying with us at The Dillon Hotel) and she decided to make a snow angel!
The finished work of art.
Andrew's truck--appropriately named Vitamin C-- covered in snow. (Andrew is also staying at Dillon Hotel...no vacancy here this week!)
It is now 11:00 pm and still snowing!! Maybe I can get some nice pictures tomorrow in the light before it all melts away. And for those of you who live in places where it really snows, yes, we realize this isn't much snow....but it is far more than we ever see!!!
4 comments:
WOW you all got a lot of snow. We just had flurries, nothing that stuck. So we are very jealous of you all.
Did you hear on the news that most snows in Houston occur on the same year as a hurricane makes landfall. I thought that was neat!!
This is crazy~ we have only had our first couple of inches the other day!!!!
How fun...I love snow. You guys are pretty lucky up there, hurricanes now snow. What is next for the Big H.
Abs, I'm sure Brian was sad. :) I did hear that connection between hurricanes and snow. Apparently true for the snow 4 years ago and the one over 20 years ago. If that's the case, I'd prefer to have to drive north to see snow--no need to have it here!!
Post a Comment