Thursday, January 8, 2009

2 weeks to go!

(or at least we hope!)



Things are still going really well. Everyone keeps asking me if I am "SO Ready" to have this baby, and I have to say I'm not! :) I'm not miserable, and I think Dingetje is probably easier to take care of where he/she is now. I'm still sleeping well (maybe too much?!?) and enjoying every minute of it! I can't say I really have any complaints. Don't get me wrong, it will be nice to have my body back, but being nauseous all the time was way worse than how I feel now. I think at this point I wouldn't mind if Dingetje decided to come a little late. Yes, I know I may not still say that in two weeks...or one week...or even tomorrow! :) But I am a big fan of getting the birthday as far from Christmas as possible.



I think Lichar and I are both physically ready, we both have bags packed, and the baby room is functional. I say functional because we are still waiting on a few "cute-sie" things I ordered online. (don't get me started on a FOUR week wait just to ship out!) Once it is completely fixed up I'll post some pictures.

I haven't had any baby dreams in a while, but around Christmas I was having many dreams that Dingetje was a girl. My class took a poll yesterday and they voted 19 to 22 that it would be a girl. (OK, I should clarify that I am co-teaching and BOTH classes voted....I don't have 41 kids!) And I should also note that 5-6 year olds have predictable voting patterns, boys voted for a boy and girls voted for a girl with only a few exceptions.

My mom had a great idea to post a poll to see what all of you thought Dingetje might be, so I decided to copy her! Thanks Mom! :) So make your vote now!!

4 comments:

Abby said...

I am laughing, you have hit that last push where you look even more preggers!! So cute and so fun. I'm glad your feeling good.

Emily said...

You look so cute! So I posted my vote...I guess since I voted it made a whole 4 and only 1 was a girl (hint I am the only one who thinks girl...) I can't wait to see the little girl!!! Good luck with the next, do I say weeks, days oh gosh. Good Luck!

Alyssa said...

Yes, I can TELL I've gotten bigger, even in this week. One of my kids said so today when they hugged me too. Amazing how much you can still grow in the end. It's ok by me though, I haven't been huge the whole time...can't complain!

The Padilla Family said...

Dominic says he thinks it will be a boy and that he will love the TEXAS LONGHORNS! :) I voted girl! We'll see who wins! It's always a competition around here you know??? :) Can't wait!