So we changed clothes, double checked the suitcases and headed to the hospital. We got one last pregnant picture on the way out.
We checked into the hospital around 5:00 and I was dilated to a 3. I think I could have possibly had the smoothest labor and delivery ever. I progressed fairly rapidly, and from check in to delivery was only about 8 hours. The only "hiccup" was that evidently they delivered 9 babies in 3 hours with a shortage of doctors. This was a problem for me because the girl in room 12 and I were having a race to see who could deliver first and have the attention of the only doctor on the floor!
Our last self photo with just the two of us...
While pushing, my nurse had to ask me THREE different times to stop pushing because the doctor wasn't there. (I was NOT a happy camper) Finally my nurse promised me she was getting the doctor because I was about to deliver. When she walked in with the doctor I was SO relieved! The doctor was putting on gloves and I was all ready when someone came in and said, "We need you NOW, room 12 just delivered!" I was very irritated that the doctor was leaving my room. Once again I was told not to push. (Yeah, right!) It was at that point that I was glad he wasn't my real doctor, because I felt a lot less bad about yelling at him telling him he better not leave. :)
After the doctor had taken care of room 12, he came back, I pushed one time and there was K!
Daddy and K.
The longest part of the night was waiting to get into our post-partum room. We got in there around 4 am, had a quick bite to eat and then they brought K back to us. I fed him again and then Lichar got to change the first diaper.
Our new self photo :)
4 comments:
AWWW...I love your story! It reminds me of us with Jakob. Dr. C was my doctor and my neighbor's doctor and we were both racing to deliver at the same time. He would go into her room then mine, back and forth---all the while the two hispanic families were at each door crowding the hallways! AAAHHH!!! Crazy, but fun...after the fact! I am so happy for y'all! I was letting you get all settled in before I call. I'll call you this weekend. Love ya!
Ya'll all look so happy! :-) I can't wait to meet him... even though he was suppose to hold off for 11 more days! I want to call & hear more, but you know what awful call timing I have... if I called you'd probably have just gotten to sleep. Can't wait to talk to you though, hopefully soon! Love Shannon
Oh I am so happy everything went smooth minuse the Dr. Yeah for you all...I love your pics!
Oh Alyssa, i'm sooo glad everything went so well. The last picture on this post made me cry! What a sweet photo, the beginning of your new lives!!! I have a little something for you, call me and let me know when I can bring it by!!
Post a Comment