I decided to make carving a pumpkin a tradition. Kaiden was very excited to "look at the pumpkins."
He was interested in what was inside, but had no desire to help me clean it out.
Lichar finally convinced him to try and scoop out some with the spoon. I'm glad I had the camera ready because this was the only time he stuck his hand in there.
"Here Daddy, you do it!"
Mailee--on the other hand---was ready to jump in. We had to put her in her swing so she could "help us better." ;)
Kaiden showed her what to do...
...and sure enough she stuck her hand in there and pulled out a seed! I'm
pretty sure she would have been all over that pumpkin if we would have
only let her.
Yup, I was right!
Kaiden did enjoy helping us make the faces.
This picture cracks me up. Kaiden was being silly and accidentally "bonked" me on the head. I had stopped and said, "Hey!!!" and Lich caught that moment. It looks like I am really mad at him, but we were both cracking up.
This pumpkin was actually Kaiden's design. When Lichar was marking on the pumpkins to help us know where to cut, Kaiden of course wanted to help. "I do it Daddy." Lichar let him draw a face and this is what Kaiden drew. We decided we would abandon our original idea because this was clearly much better than ours! ;)
Our finished products.
Even though she stayed home with an ear infection, she was ready to trick-or-treat by the time we got home.
Our little Pooh Bear.
I love his "pose."
I thought he would enjoy being Pooh since he suddenly took interest in him this summer. Turns out I was right, he loved it!
Mailee checking out Pooh.
"This is fun!"
When we first put her down on the floor she just sat there.
I'm pretty sure she didn't quite know how to move around with all that fluff around her. She just sat there and smiled at us.
She looked like the leaning tower...
This one totally crack me up!
Pooh was all smiles!
K and Tante
Of course it only took a few pictures before she figured out how to move.
And she's off!
We tried one more time, but this time they both refused to wear their hats.
Our little Pooh walking up to a door. He started off a little shy, but by the end of the night he was insisting to knock on the door himself.
Someone had a rough night out trick-or-treating!!
When he got home, of course he wanted to have some of his candy. I told him he could choose one and he chose Reese's peanut butter cup. Side note: he is so good at controlling himself. When we tell him just one of something, he usually has little or no problem with it. He's also good at "saving up." Example: If we are eating burgers, he has to eat one bite of burger to get a fry. He'll take a bite, ask for his fry. Take another bite, ask for another fry. Sometimes he'll have 4-5 fries saved up before he eats them. I find that amazing for a two year old!!
I just missed the part where he had his whole hand shoved in his mouth for the last bite. But he enjoyed every drop of that peanut butter cup!
Yup, my kid for sure!!!
I love it that he even licked the wrapper looking for more! (and for the record, he did ask for more...and wasn't quite as happy as always when I told him no)












No comments:
Post a Comment