Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mailee--8 months

"Mailee-Moo" is now in a chewing phase.  Everything goes in her mouth!

She is making lots of talking noises.  She says "Kah, kah, kah...and Mah, mah, mah" very softly, also says lots of "Bah, Dahh and Maaa's"

She loves, loves, loves, LOVES her big brother!  (and he LOVES her too!)

She prefers to stand--so much to explore up here!

She is still not sleeping near as much as we would like....I'm beginning to think she thinks our bed is hers.  :/

She gets excited about just about anything! 

She is still doing her head dive off the couch.  :/  But I have to say she is getting better at catching herself.

She has started pointing at things.  (and not just the air like this picture!)

She has started eating some solid foods--puffs and fruit, mostly strawberries.

I've had to clean out the table--she thinks everything in here is just for her.

She chews on everything.

She has to taste test it all!

Cute smile (and you can see those teeth).

She is very good at giving zerberts!

Still perfecting her pose!



She likes a challenge I guess--she will often crawl through the smallest space available instead of just crawling around.

Still enjoys playing with brother's light saber.

Again she seems to enjoy the challenge...when pulling up on the table she will strain with all her might to reach in the middle instead of just using the table legs.


On Oct. 19 she perfected her "real" crawl (as opposed to her usual army crawl).  As you can see here, she thinks it is pretty awesome.  She is pretty fast, but fortunately she gets so excited that she pants when she is on a mission....a "warning system" of sorts for us.


I LOVE her when she gets out of her bath.  She is always so content and just hangs out in her towel.  She is usually extra cuddly then too!  Of course, that all ends the moment we get near the changing table.  For some reason she always throws a fit the whole time we put on her diaper and jammies.  She doesn't complain about diaper changes except after her bath.

She is still into everything!


Self photo with Daddy.

She is very "lovey."  She is always rubbing our arms or legs, but she does so even more when I am feeding her.  It isn't enough for her to rub on your shirt, she want to rub on skin!  Sometimes she even gets a little too personal.  Evidently she does it at school too, her teacher has told me that Mailee likes to get fresh with her sometimes too!  Regardless, I LOVE it, it is super sweet!

More posing.

More after bath fun!

She was playing Peek-A-Boo with us!

It was great fun!

She is getting too big way too quick, but we are all all always loving all the new things she does!

2 comments:

GranSan said...

Isn't that a guns up point? I had to say that for Kalum.

Emily said...

She is too cute! I love the up date and can't believe she is already so big. I also love that she loves her big brother so much.