Monday, November 22, 2010

My favorite things (19-22 months)

Since I don't post on Mr. K every month now, I'm worried I will forget all the wonderful things he does.  I used this blog as a baby book of sorts for his first year, so I'm going to give a little Kaiden update since I haven't done it in a while.

I think my absolute favorite thing he does right now is saying "hi."  I know, not that exciting, right?  Wrong.  It's the way he does it.  He'll be playing, reading, talking or whatever and then suddenly he'll walk over....get as close as he can to my face, and just whisper, "hi."  It's like he's checking in, or just wants to acknowledge that you are there.  I love it.  Love it.  It looks a little like this, but closer.  And sweeter.


He likes to pretend fall and say "Whooooaaaa" when he does.

Did I tell you how awesome his smile is?  It is the best.  Really, and I'm not exaggerating.

He likes to write.  "I" he calls it.  Of course his favorite thing to "I" with is a PEN.  So far I only have one pen mark on the couch and one crayon mark on the wall.  I'll count that as a victory.

He is also a real talker.  He just jabbers away most of the time....I'm starting to pick up on words here or there, but it is clear HE knows what he is saying.  He is really starting to string his known phrases together.



"Icky."  I assume he learned this at school, because Lichar and I never used this word (until now).  When he gets dirt on his hands, he comes to me and says, "icky," wipes them on me and goes back to the dirt.  Or when we were eating "blubbbries" (translation = blueberries), he picked one up, announced it "icky" and put it on a separate plate.

He talks with such expression.  I can actually tell when he says, "There it is," and "I don't know" just by the tone of his voice.


He loves to help me around the house.  I can not start a load of laundry without him running in the utility room after me, "Elp, elp?"  (translation = help, help)


My not so favorite thing he does?  Well, he likes to throw things.  (mostly balls--which is good)  But he is pretty good at throwing things now, and he likes to walk right up to you and then throw it right in your face.  Then when I take it away, he has the "life has lost all meaning, throw yourself on the floor crying fit."  It is awesome (insert sarcasm font here).  Fortunately his fits never last more than a minute and he is oh-so-easily distracted.

He loves his shoes--and socks.  He wants them on all the time.

One of his new words, "BIG!"  Everything is big, even if it isn't.  ;)  (note socks and shoes on with pajamas again!)

He loves to jump.

He's now learned to tickle us back.

He pretends to be a dog.  He likes to make a "afffe" (giraffe) with legos.  Anytime he does either of the above, he insists we play with him by saying "dar" (there) and pointing to where we should be.  If we don't do exactly as he is doing, we get another "DAR" until we comply.

He can find the moon ANYTIME it is out, especially when it is still light and we think there is no way he can actually see the moon.

He is obsessed with bubbles. 


Another new game is "Uun, uun" (run, run)  We have to run across the living room with him, sit on the step, take a little bite of some imaginary food and then run some more.  Great fun for Kaiden.  Not always so much fun for pregnant Mommy who has to get up and down off the floor.  ;)

He still loves to sing and dance.

"Waisthaa?"  Translation = "What is that?"  I hear this at least 20 times each day.  Sometimes 20 times in 1 minute.  :)  But I still love it.  ALL! 

No comments: