Sunday, November 28, 2010

Halloween

Halloween was pretty calm at our house.  Kaiden had a VERY cute monkey outfit to wear.  Despite the fact that we got it out a month in advance trying to get him used it it, he absolutely REFUSED to put it on.  In fact, he got to where he would say "NO!" and run as soon as we picked it up.  Since I knew dressing him up was going to be impossible, I didn't even attempt to Trick-or-Treat.

I was pondering carving a pumpkin for Kaiden--then when Lichar reminded me that HE had never carved one, I knew it had to be done.


The boys both turned out to be pros!

Kaiden checking out the inside of the pumpkin.

At first he wasn't interested in our project, but after a while he decided to help.



Our un-costumed little goblin with the final product.

After answering the door to a few Trick-or-Treaters, he became slightly interested in costumes (though still wanted nothing to do with the monkey outfit).  We got him in this Sinterklaas outfit just long enough to get this one picture, then he was done.

Our finished product!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Lichar can come and carve my pumpkins for me, it turned out cute!! Sorry that Kai didn't want to wear his costume..better luck next year!

Alyssa said...

Abs, I know! It is depressing that it turned out so good and it was his first! He did have it very easy with the nice new pumpkin carving kits. He doesn't believe me that it is actually hard to cut a pumpkin.