Tonight I got Kaiden out of the bath and was drying him off. He leaned over and gave me a great big kiss. Giggles....another kiss. More giggles, more kisses. One kiss became two, and two became twenty, and twenty became one-hundred. He giggled, I giggled...another kiss, kiss, kiss. :) In true boy fashion, the kisses became noticeably rougher. They were a bit more like a head butt with a *smooch* sound at the end.
My fear for my facial features made me want to tell him to stop, or be easy...but somewhere in the back of my head, I could already picture that day when he will be "too cool" to give his mom a kiss. I refrained. The kisses continued. Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss....
I hope I have many years before those kisses aren't flowing so freely, but I know that day will come. I guess when it does come, I will have to borrow a few kisses from tonight's memory bank.
But for tonight... I will cherish them ALL!
No comments:
Post a Comment