Tuesday, November 11, 2008

60 days after Ike

Well, it has been 2 months now, thought we'd give a quick update:

-We finally had a visit from our insurance adjuster today. He called over a month ago to tell us that this was his earliest appointment available. We were not surprised and didn't mind waiting at all. Even with a huge wind storm deductible, we did get some money. Hopefully it will be enough to pay for the fences. We are still happy to have a house.

-School is back to normal for me. Kids are doing great even though our calendar is all out of wack.

-Lichar is still working from home (and Starbucks!) About 90% of his "lab" has moved back to the real lab in Galveston, so our dining room is almost normal again and I'm happy to say I've only found edible things in our freezer lately. (Well, except for the frozen mosquito, but that is a story for a whole other blog)

I wish I could say Galveston was doing as well. We drove down a few weeks ago and it is really a mess. There are still boats all along the highway, debris everywhere and I hear they still have trouble with electricity. It may not be making headlines any more, but the island is really struggling.

1 comment:

Abby said...

and we who didn't even actually get hit, yes we still have our ply wood sitting outside of our house, because we can't figure out where it's going to go!

Glad you might be able to get your fence fixed, at least that money you pay every month might go somewhere!!