Sunday, July 18, 2010

Where did my baby go?

Today Kaiden is 18 months old.  I really can't believe it.  He has grown soooo much!

It was just a short year ago that he looked like this.  (the sign has the wrong date, but it really was 6 months!)


 Rockin his jammies.

What a superstar!

He sleeps like a champ.  :)  There have been many days where he sleeps until 9:00 or 9:30.  That's my kid!!!

He enjoyed watching fireworks on 4th of July.

Still loves playing in the puddles.  (and we've had plenty of those this summer.)

We took a trip to Old Town Spring to the Dutch store there.

Kaiden mostly liked going up the ramps....

...and down the ramps.  And up, and down, up and down, up and down!

One of my favorite things:  He'll be playing and just come over and kiss my hand, or leg, or arm, or whatever he can reach.  What a sweet boy!

When it wasn't raining, we tried to make it to the pool as often as possible.  Kaiden enjoyed walking around in the baby pool.

But he also still likes to chill with Dad.

In the "big" pool, he likes to throw the ball.  We love this pool.  It is in Tante's neighborhood and as you can see it is seldom busy. 

Kaiden also really loves to splash!

And splash!!!

Which leads to a lot of eye rubbing.  :)

K is also fascinated with bubbles.

I love the way he gets excited about something (usually toys or food).  He'll half laugh and half say, "OHHHH, hoo, hoo, hoo, hooooo!"

He is also a bit of a clean freak.  He recently discovered where we keep the broom and that he can reach it! 

He'll say "bess" (mess) and start sweeping the floor--mixed with a little over-the-head lightsaber action that always makes Mom nervous and Dad proud.  ;)

I was very prepared for him to be delayed in speaking since he hears two languages most of the time. NOT SO!  The little dude talks up a storm!!!  Most of the time he just jabbers and jabbers and we answer the best we can.  Every once in a while I hear a "real" word in there.  As I was thinking of his 18 month check up, I figured they'd ask how many words he says.  I had no idea, so I made a list here so I'd know.  Since I'm using the blog as a baby book (of sorts), you get to read it too!

Words he says correctly:  "bubbles, hot, eat, up, Elmo, peach, bus, juice, ball, hat, goal, Mommy, Daddy, Gigi, Poppy, out, plane, wow, go, all gone, bye bye, ipod, horse, cat, cookie" and my least favorite, "No"

Words he says with a cute pronunciation:  Booooot = book, bess = mess, buuuurt = bird, kuck or kuckie = duck, B = banana, APP-Pullll = apple, pay = play, gog = dog, pish = fish, choose = shoes, tok = sock, Eease = please or cheese (he uses the correct sign), Ooooh-peet = elephant, hep = help,
kake = snake, bass = bath, maan = moon

Words he says in Dutch:  Koud = cold, klaar = finished, aan doen = put on, nee = no, op = gone, 
uit = out, tante = aunt,

Words he says cute in Dutch:  "Omo" = Oma (grandma)


He loves to sing.  Some times he will carry the "microphone" around the room and sing and dance for forever...

...Then he will drop the microphone, clap for himself and look at us for applause.  He will repeat this several times, each time the performance gets shorter and the applause gets longer.

We were going to celebrate his 1 1/2 year birthday by going to the pool, but we looked outside and saw....more puddles.  :(  Maybe tomorrow!

5 comments:

Abby said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday sweet K!! I don't know when you got so big, but you are still so very precious!! We can't wait to hang out with you and hopefully you can teach the poor Goerig's some dutch!! We'd love to learn!!

Miss you and your folks too!

The Ham Family said...

Oh, my! He looks so grown up in the first picture and the one where he is standing in the pool! All those wonderful pics just make me miss him more. Has he had another haircut? His hair sure looks good. Maybe you guys can go swimming tomorrow.
Love you, Gigi

Alyssa said...

Gigi, I'm so glad you noticed! I forgot to write it in, but he had his first "Mom and Dad" hair cut today! I think we did pretty good!

GranSan said...

He's adorable and growing up.

The Ham Family said...

As I came back today and looked at the pictures again for about the 10th time I thought to myself - yes he has had a haircut and I don't think he went back to the same place and I wonder if they (aka you and Lich) cut it. I was right! Yes, you did good - the giveaway for me was how it is cut up above his temple - it's shorter than the shop lady cut it.
Gigi