Lichar had a conference in San Diego, so Kaiden and I thought we needed to go and "help" him out! It was a wonderful week full of so many activities, it will be several blogs!!
We stayed downtown at the Hard Rock Hotel. Our first night there, we went out to get some dinner. Kaiden had been walking around the hotel, so we thought we'd see how he did outside. He had a blast walking the streets!!
When Lichar was at his conference, K and I hit the town. Here we are at our lunch by ourselves. It actually ended up that Lichar got to come join us a little later, but we didn't get a picture of that.
One evening we walked along Coronodo beach. Ahhh, so beautiful!
Kaiden wasn't too excited about walking along the beach at first. He did enjoy watching the birds!
I had to show him how much fun it was to play in the sand,
then he was all over it!
He checked out the lifeguard stand...
...but instead of watching the ocean, he was a little obsessed with...
...this seaweed. Which he thought looked an awful lot like a fish. "Fish! Fish! Fish!"
He was VERY interested in the seaweed, or "fish" as he called it.
"Fish, fish, fish, fish!"
He was even brave enough to play with it.
How cute are his little foot prints in the sand?!?
That night we went out to eat with one of Lichar's co-workers. It was about a 10 minute walk there. On the way home, we let Kaiden walk for a while since he'd done so good sitting for so long at dinner. He walked almost the entire way!!! (He would have made it the whole way if we would have let him walk across the train/tram tracks by himself, but since we are mean parents, we said NO!)
He found this mat made noise when he stomped on it and loved it!
It was pretty cool out, so I thought he needed his jacket. He disagreed.
The boys in front of our hotel--Hard Rock! It was quite a happenin' place!
Right next to our hotel was the Gaslamp district. It was full of activity and wonderful shops!
I was a bit worried about Kaiden on this trip. It was the first hotel stay we've had where he has been mobile. But, he had a great time there. Every day he'd check out what was going on at the pool several floors below our window.
I was worried he wouldn't sleep well, but as you can see, he did awesome in the hotel's pack-n-play.
I think his favorite part of the hotel was the elevator. He loved the feeling when it takes off and stops.
He would count..."twwwwo, dreeeeee" and then raise his hands up! So cute. We even got to where we'd let him out of his stroller just for the elevator because he loved it so much!
Stay tuned for more details!!!
1 comment:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of his footprints in the sand - so very, very precious! How funny is it that he sleeps with his hands behind his head - I've never seen him do that. I can tell that you guys had a great time! Just wish I could have been there too. Gigi
Post a Comment