Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurri-cation

That's what we've been calling our impromptu, random, forced breaks from work and being home. It is a little like a vacation, just add in the worry and stress that you may not have a house!! Not that we necessarily enjoy it, but we figure we might as well make the best of the situation.

So tonight for our hurrication, we braved the reminents of Ike (that are now hitting Dallas) and went out to eat with Abby and Brian (and "E" and "B" their kiddos) and Shannon and Craig (the friends who have been nice enough to let us crash at their house). It is a fun mix of friends; we have an interesting bond.

The girls: Shannon, Lys, Abby and "E"


Shannon and I grew up taking dance lessons together and became friends when our mothers forced us into carpooling together. We laugh at the fact that neither of us were very excited about the carpool--you might even use the word mad to describe it! Who knew we'd be life long friends!!

Abby and I met in high school, both went to A&M and ran track, and were roommates for the last 2-3 years of college. Abby and Shannon always knew of each other thru me, but didn't really know each other....until...

Long story--stay with me here! Shannon went to A&M for a semester and lived at Meridan apartments. When Abby and I started looking for apartments, I told her about the great ones close to campus, nice and really cheap that Shannon lived in. We loved it and ended up living there too. Which is how Lichar and I met....he lived upstairs from us. So, I give Shannon partial credit for me meeting Lichar! Then to make it even more fun, at our wedding, Abby and Shannon were talking and Abby told Shannon about this great guy, Craig, that she worked with that she thought Shannon might like. So Abby gets credit for introducing Shannon and Craig! We always have a good time when the three couples get together, although it doesn't happen often. So thanks, Ike, for doing it once again!

Our crew: Us, Abby, Brian, "E and B" Craig and Shannon--don't forget Ike in the background.

No comments: