On the condition of our house. I've talked to a couple of friends who either stayed or had someone who did stay check on their houses. From what I hear, sounds like the house is probably still standing. (which is always good!) I have heard of lots of damage in many neighborhoods, and no one I know has power. We are waiting to at least hear that roads are passable before thinking of heading back. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a report on our house, a friend has volunteered to go take a look if she can make it over.
Our good friends and fellow evacuees, Abby and Brian, have confirmed they have power and offered to let us stay with them for a while if need be. They live in a small town about 90 miles (145 km) southwest of Houston. So when we think we are able to make it into town, we'll go assess our house and stay with them if needed. Or at least that's our plan for now....
No comments:
Post a Comment