The porch of the beach house where we got engaged.

This is where Lichar proposed, under the beach house.

Beach house where we were engaged.

And in 2008 after Ike....
All that remains of the house.
We were saddened to find that the two beach houses that our friends used to rent are officially wiped off the Earth. The only thing remaining of our "engagement house" is the pillars and part of the stairs to the house. The "nicer" house just a few houses down, also wiped out.
3 comments:
That makes me so sad! I remember the pictures and you telling me the story about the proposal at school. I would be so sad that the engagement place is no more. I am so sorry! How is it getting back into the routines of school?
Oh Lys, so sad! But, join the club...the olive garden where we started our engagement burned to a crisp!!
At least you were wise enough to take lots of pictures and one day you can drive back and say...that use to be the place where we were engaged and then Ike hit it!
Abs, I thought of you guys when I saw the house and how sad I was for you guys when it burned. :( We should start a club.
Janna, things going well, smoother than I expected. And nice to not be working in the yard (although it still needs it) How is it staying home for a while?!?
Post a Comment