Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When you come home from a hurricane...

Inspired by If you Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff



When you come home from a hurricane, you'll want to put away all your new fresh groceries.

You'll open the refrigerator door, and realize first you have to clean out the freezer and fridge.


You clean out the fridge, and when you take five full bags of rotten food out to the trash,

you'll remember you still need to take the boards off the window.


Then when you take the boards to the garage, you'll realize it is full of everything that once was outside your home.

You'll give up and go inside, only to realize all the salvaged fridge containers are all over the kitchen.


Then you'll want to clean the kitchen.

After you clean the kitchen, you'll be ready for bed.

But when you go to the bedroom, you'll find it full of everything you tried to put on "higher ground."

You finally clear off the bed and go to the kitchen for a drink of water.

You realize your kitchen is still full of the items from the back porch. You think, "I'll just put the plants outside before I go to bed."


You'll go out to the back porch only to realize it is covered by leaves, branches and fence parts. (oh yeah, and there are still boards out there too!)


Then you'll go inside and just be thankful that you still have a house! (with ALL of it's windows, doors, roof and NO water damage!)

3 comments:

Pretty Girl~ said...

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen- you should read it to your kids!!! PUBLISH IT!!!! make big money and stay home with your child!! HAHAH

Abby said...

I love this!! So cute!! I am so glad all is going well for you all!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shelly! :) That is awesome!